Eight Great Reasons Why You Should choose Montauk Fishing Charters
- We are locally owned, operated and based in Montauk! So unlike other fishing services, we only work with Montauk Charter boats fishing Montauk Waters!
- We have 20 full time charter boats to choose from with over 30 years experience fishing Montauk waters!
- We work with numerous multi passenger boats i.e. boats licensed to carry over 6 passengers
- There is no charge for this service.
- Montauk has a wide variety of different species to catch both inshore and offshore!
- You keep what you catch!!!
- Up to date on current fishing regulations and seasons i.e. we know what’s biting!
- Montauk fishing charters has been family owned and operated in Montauk for over 30 years, so let us assist you in pairing your group up with a great boat and great captain and crew!
- 5:30 – 6 AM to 11:00 -11:30
- Noon to 5 PM
- Twilight and Night Bass Trips
Full Day Inshore: 5:30 – 6 AM to 3:30 PM Full Day Offshore: 5 – 5:30AM to 4:00 PM *Extended Days: 5 AM to 6 PM *Extended Day, Canyon Day Trips & Canyon Overnight Trips *Times vary, Consult your Captain
How do I make reservations?
To make reservations, please call 631-668-1635 or Click Here to Request Online. To secure the date for your trip, a deposited is required which can be made with a credit card or check. Note that we can only wait 4 days for your deposit as we are getting calls from others about the same date potentially that you are booking.
No, however I do guarantee that the boat that I put you on has proven over time that they are qualified professionals and that they will give you the best opportunity to catch what you are going for.
Our boats range from 31′ to 51′ , most over 40′. Please keep in mind that the guy with the biggest boat doesn’t necessarily mean he catches the most fish. That’s why we can weigh the right balance of boat and experience.
Almost all of the boats are capable of taking up to 6 people. If you need to bring more than 6 please contact us, there are a limited number of boats that can carry over 6 passengers.
All the keepable size fish belong to the customers, all our boats have all the required fishing licenses necessary to go fishing and have up to date catch limits and season information available.
Makos, Threshers and I’ve seen people take brown sharks for eating. We encourage releasing anything that is not going to be consumed. Blue Sharks especially!!
Offshore trips leave the dock at approx. 5 A.M. Check with the captain a few days before your trip for confirmation. Please keep in mind that a full day offshore going more than 30 miles, will require additional fuel surcharge. Full days inshore leave between 5:30 and 6 A.M. 1/2 day trips leave at 6 A.M. and 12 P.M
You only need to bring what you are going to eat and drink, plus boots and foul weather gear, especially in the spring and fall. For your convenience we can arrange to have food and beverages brought to the dock for your trip.
|Tuna||Late August – September|
|Marlin||July – September|
|Dolphin||August – September|
|Cod Fish||March – September|
|Fluke||May – September|
|Flounder||End April – June|
|Striped Bass||May – December|
|Blue Fish||June – October|
|Black Fish||October – November|